Electrocution can cause a variety of catastrophic injury and sometimes death. The extent and severity of electrocution trauma is determined by several factors, including the duration of contact with the current, the amount of voltage experienced, the types of current and circuits involved, and the path the electricity takes through the body. Injuries may be caused by direct contact with an electrical source or arcing electricity, such as from a downed power line. An electrical arc can cause flash burns. Burns can occur when clothing catches fire from arcing electric current. No matter what the cause the result can be devastating to the survivor and his family.
Electrocution injuries can cause damage to any organ of the body. Burn injuries also result from hot water, fires, explosions and chemicals, as well as electricity. Survivors of electrocution and burn injuries may suffer:
- Scarring and disfigurement, requiring extensive reconstructive work
- Prolonged physical and emotional trauma
- Central nervous system damage, including depression and aggression
- Muscle and soft tissue damage, requiring surgery
An Electrocution and Burn Injury Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights
Civil law exists to compensate individuals who have suffered electrocution and burn injuries and losses. When catastrophic injury is caused by someone’s negligence, a defective product or due to some other carelessness or misconduct, you need the knowledge and expertise of a personal injury specialist. Our Law Firm will work skillfully and aggressively to protect your rights.
Your rights to compensation may include:
- Payment of Medical Bills, including past and future Hospitalization
- Reconstructive/Cosmetic surgery
- Physical and Occupational therapy
- Payment of Lost Income
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Job Retraining)
- Compensation for Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium (Spousal Relations)
We can help. Whether your case involves a defective product or a negligent business, company or individual, we have the experience and skill necessary to get you the outcome you deserve. If you or a family member has suffered from an electrocution or burn injury, it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer now.